SellMyCarOnline.com in Chicago, IL
Chicago drivers might have to navigate intense rush hour traffic jams, which get worse when a Chicago Cubs or White Sox game is scheduled in the city. Navigating the process of selling a car in this state can be equally challenging. How many car owners know how to find the address for the Secretary of State’s office or the reason why you need to deal with that office before selling your car?
Selling Cars Online in Chicago
SellMyCarOnline.com provides drivers with everything you need to get your car sold for cash. We designed a website to simplify the process of selling your vehicles in Chicago. As residents may already know, Illinois has specific rules about transferring vehicle titles. The most common error is failing to get the right form from the Secretary of State’s office, for example. Our dedicated team will ensure that you can sell your car online correctly with minimal hassles or delays. Give us a call at (855) 929-0828 and our support team will be happy to assist you.
Our process works in a few simple steps:
- Sellers simply enter the basic information about the vehicle into our system.
- We make you an instant offer based on the data, but this offer may change if information was entered inaccurately.
- Once you accept the cash offer, our associate will contact you to schedule a pick-up time and place.
How It Works
SellMyCarOnline.com’s system is designed for simplicity, accuracy and speed. We offer the support you need to sell any make or model in any condition. We buy Ford, Honda, Chrysler, Chevrolet, Dodge, Kia, BMW, Toyota and many other vehicles. You might think we’re only putting up offers for old cars, but we also give top dollar for vehicles and trucks in premium condition. We can make you an offer for a vehicle no matter what transmission or mechanical problems it may have. Come to us if you want to sell new cars and old cars, used cars, junk cars, and vehicles that have been damaged by hailstorms, accidents and have other defects.
- Enter the vehicle’s information precisely. We need to know the make, model, year and trim level. The trim is expressed as a set of letters like SE, SLT, LE, EX, LTZ and other combinations.
- Review our no-obligation offer, and provide us with any additional information that is necessary. This might include the VIN number and a valid address in Chicago, Illinois.
- Our representative will schedule a time to pick up the vehicle.
- The title transfer process will take place at this time. It is important to transfer the title correctly, so do not fill out any information on the title before we arrive. We will guide you through the process so that you won’t make a mistake that will compel you to get a duplicate title from the DMV.
Tips for Car Sellers in Chicago
Always be honest about the real condition of the vehicle. Many sellers will make the mistake of believing that their vehicle has more value than the market indicators provided by Autotrader and the Kelly Blue Book. These are authoritative sources for appraising vehicles and determining their real market rate. The offer we give you is based on this information, and we are proud to give Chicago area residents a simple method for obtaining the best price in town.
Once this number becomes available, the vehicle’s history and condition might adjust the price. For example, a vehicle in prime condition can sell for a higher amount than the suggested number listed in the Blue Book. However, cars and trucks that have been involved in an accident will have a lower actual value than the going market rate for that particular make and model. Sellers who get sentimentally attached to a vehicle often perceive more value than actually exists, so we recommend that you keep this in mind to avoid disappointments if an offer is lower than you anticipated.
Benefits and Features of SellMyCarOnline.com
Benefit from the expertise of our dedicated customer service representatives. We go the extra mile to make it easy to sell your car online without errors. As a result, our company enjoys a reputation for reliability and accuracy. Our dedicated service professionals are always willing to help you with any questions about the selling process. We maintain several routes for communication for your convenience. This includes phone calls, emails or live chat windows, for example. This is a fast way to get answers when you need them most. We are fully invested in making this process as seamless as possible.
- Selling your car online is a better option than going for a trade-in at car dealers in Chicagoland.
- We maintain a network of local dealers and auto auctions, and we leverage these connections to offer you the best price on any type of vehicle in any condition.
- Regardless of where you are in the Windy City, we’ll dispatch a private party towing service for free to pick up the vehicle.
- We help you through the title transfer process before we remove the vehicle from your location.
- Once we have the title transferred correctly, we will issue you a check right on the spot and remove the vehicle at no cost.
Transferring Vehicle Titles in Chicago, IL
Sellers need to have an Assignment of Title in order to have the right to sell the vehicle. The odometer reading must appear on the back of the title in the correct area. A Private Party Vehicle Tax Transaction form must also be completed, and these can be obtained only at the Secretary of State’s office, or SOS. It is also called the Tax Form RUT-50, and failing to obtain this form is one of the most common mistakes made by car sellers in Chicago. The vehicle transfer fee will cost $95, and other fees might be included if there are changes to the title or if a duplicate is requested. Sellers must also fill out and mail a Seller’s Report of Sale to the SOS office.
Q. What is the fastest way to sell my car online in Chicago?
A. Our company provides Chicago area residents with the fastest and most trusted way to sell a car online. Just go to our website, and we’ll guide you through every step of the process to avoid mistakes, delays and other hassles. What’s more, you’ll get to enjoy free towing!
Q. How do I sell a vehicle online in Chicago?
A. SellMyCarOnline.com was designed to ensure that you provide all the appropriate documents before we show up to complete the transaction at your location. This minimizes hassles, delays and other common problems that you might experience if you were dealing with a private party or local dealer. For example, we can advise you to remove the license plates and have the insurance canceled, which is necessary in Chicago.
Q. What documentation is necessary to complete the transaction?
A. In addition to the vehicle title and registration, Chicago sellers must fill out and mail the Notice of Sale, which is attached to the title at the very bottom. The correct address for the Secretary of State in Illinois is listed on this notice.
Q. Can I sell a junk car online for cash?
A. We make offers on junk vehicles. This is a helpful service for people looking to get rid of a junk vehicle as fast as possible. Our free junk car removal service makes it easy to get a junk car or truck off your property. Call us at (855) 929-0828 and we’ll gladly guide you through the process.