How Do I Sell My Used Car Online?
There are several ways you can sell your used car online. The method you choose will greatly depend upon the age/condition of your vehicle, and your urgent need for cash. The most common ways to sell your used car online would be creating an online sales ad, trading your vehicle in at the dealership, or locating a reputable junk car buyer near you.
At Sell My Car Online, we believe in informing our customers so they can decide what’s best for them. Let’s break down each method for selling your used car online:
Sell Your Used Car Through Classifieds
Online classifieds are one way in which consumers can sell their vehicles to interested car buyers.
Best for: Car owners who have used cars in good condition with very little work required.
Here’s how the process works:
- Create an account – Find an online classified site that you like and create an account.
- Take Photos – Online buyers want to see what the car looks like prior to making an offer. Take several pictures of the car’s interior and exterior.
- Create an ad – You’ll need to create an ad that describes the vehicle in an honest but enticing way. Creating an ad that says, “Junk car for sale” is probably not going to get you many offers.
- Wait for offers – There may be several interested buyers who want to come look at the car before making an offer. You’ll need to set up appointments to meet them and wait for the best bid.
Pros: You determine how much you’re going to get for your vehicle
Cons: Somewhat time-consuming. Waiting for offers, scheduling appointments, and finalizing the sale can be a lot of work.
Trade Your Used Car in at the Dealership
Car dealerships often allow customers to trade in their used car. They’ll consider the car’s value as partial payment for the new vehicle.
Best for: Car owners with a vehicle that is less than 10 years old with very little damage and mechanical issues. Such cars have a high trade-in value.
Here’s how the process works:
- Locate a dealership online – Search through several online dealerships and search their inventory to locate a new or used car that you’re interested in buying.
- Contact the dealership – Once you’ve found a car you like, contact the dealership to discuss the vehicle and your trade in. They’ll likely ask you questions to determine how much they are willing to offer you for your car.
- Receive an offer – The dealership may ask you to bring the used vehicle in for further evaluation prior to making an offer. Based on their findings they will determine the trade-in value of the car.
Pros: If your car is in good condition and is less than 7 years old, the trade-in value can take a significant chunk out of your out-of-pocket expenses when buying your new car.
Cons: More often, car owners don’t get the trade-in value they were anticipating. Dealerships often turn down vehicles that are 10 years or older for trade-in. At most, they offer scrap value.
Selling Your Used Car Through a Junk Car Buyer Online
Local junk car buyers like Sell My Care Online pay cash for your used car.
Best for: Any car owner looking to get rid of their car quickly with very little effort. Used car owners who have an older vehicle. Consumers who have wrecked, totaled, or cars with mechanical problems.
Here’s how it works:
- Fill out the form or call – Complete the online form on Sellmycaronline.com. Provide as much information as you can about your used car.
- Receive an offer – You will receive an offer on your vehicle instantly.
- Schedule an appointment – If you like the offer, schedule an appointment for us to come and remove your junk car.
- Receive cash – Get paid for your used car.
Pros: Get your money fast. Get a real offer no matter what age or condition your used car is in. We do all the work for you. All you have to do is call.
Cons: We really can’t think of any, and trust us, we tried.
We’ve given you some of the best methods for selling your used car online. Now all that’s left is for you to decide which option is best for you. If you want a fast and efficient solution to selling your used car online, give Sell My Car Online a call at (855) 929-0828 and we’ll be happy to assist you.